SBTi Framework and Target Validation Pilot Launch for Financial Institutions
The Global Compact Network Australia (GCNA), WWF-Australia and the World Resources Institute (WRI) invite you to the launch of the Science Based Targets initiative’s framework for financial institutions.
More than 50 financial institutions globally have publicly committed to setting emissions reduction targets through the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). In 2018, the SBTi launched a project to help financial institutions align their lending and investment portfolios with the Paris Agreement. The project was established for banks, pension funds, insurance companies and public financial institutions.
Join us virtually for the launch of the SBTi’s framework for financial institutions to set science-based targets and the target validation phase.
This is an opportunity to:
– Learn about how financial institutions can set science-based targets for their lending and investment portfolios.
– Understand how the SBTi will assess and validate financial institution targets.
– Find out how financial institutions can get involved in the target validation pilot phase.
– Sasha Courville, General Manager, Social Impact, NAB; Director and Chair, Environment and Climate Change, Global Compact Network Australia
– Cynthia Cummis, Director, Private Sector Climate Mitigation, World Resources Institute
– Monica Richter, Senior Manager, Low Carbon Futures, WWF-Australia
– Corinne Schoch, Head of Programmes, Global Compact Network Australia
– Chendan Yan, Associate, World Resources Institute
This launch will be followed by a dedicated workshop in 2021 which will provide a more expansive and comprehensive insight into the various tools and criteria required for financial institutions to set their science-based targets.