How to Set Your Company’s Science-Based Targets (1)
Are you thinking about setting a science-based target for your company to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
The Science-Based Targets initiative and the UN Global Compact Academy are hosting two sessions to cover the same set of topics, but with a different set of expert contributors.
This sessions panel comprises of:
•Ms. Heidi Huusko, Senior Manager, UN Global Compact
•Ms. Paola Delgado, Research Manager / Science Based Targets initiative, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
•Ms. Cynthia Cummis, Director of Private Sector Climate Mitigation, World Resources Institute
•Ms. Nicole Labutong, Technical Manager, Science Based Targets, CDP
In these sessions, experts from the Science-Based Targets initiative will help participants understand how to set their company’s target. We will also hear from the private sector on why setting science-based targets is good for business.
During this interactive session we will provide concrete answers to:
- What is a science-based target?
- How to prepare to setting a science-based target: demo of a tool and the Sectoral Decarbonization Approach (SDA)
- What is and how to use the criteria set by the Science-Based Targets initiative?
- What are corporate leaders saying about their targets?
- What’s next after making the commitment to the Science-Based Targets initiative?