Business Ambition for 1.5C: Inspiring Industry Action
The transformation of heavy emitting industrial sectors is happening now with the first 1.5°C aligned sector leaders out in front. How to create the step change from early adopters to the scale required by climate science? How can industry action push Governments to adopt more ambitious policies?
In this session, you will hear from 1.5°C industry leaders LafargeHolcim and Mahindra Group in conversation with representatives from UN, civil society and policy makers on how to transform industry to ensure global emissions halve before 2030, and learn how to encourage many more companies to follow their lead.
The session is part of the “Industry Day” of the Race to Zero November Dialogues. Visit the UNFCCC website for the full program.
– Gonzalo Muñoz, High Level Climate Champion
– Magali Anderson, Chief Sustainability Officer, LafargeHolcim
– Anirban Ghosh, Chief Sustainability Officer, Mahindra & Mahindra
– Lila Karbassi, Chief of Programmes, UN Global Compact
– Tzeporah Berman, Programme Director, Stand.Earth
– Clara de la Torre, Deputy Director General for Climate Action, European Commission