Workshop: Science Based Target Setting for Financial Institutions
An opportunity for stakeholders to help shape criteria for financial institutions to set science-based climate targets.
Can we prevent the worst impacts of climate change? In large part, the answer depends on how financial institutions choose and manage their investments over the coming decades. According to the latest IPCC report, annual investments in climate change solutions between now and 2050 must triple to keep warming on a roughly well-below 2°C trajectory.
The Science Based Targets initiative finance project invites you to join us for an in-person workshop in London to provide your input on draft target validation criteria for financial institutions to align their investment and lending activities with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Please register at your earliest convenience. Space is limited. Only confirmed registrants will be admitted to the event.
– Update stakeholders on the progress of the SBTi-Finance framework development
– Gather input from stakeholders on draft target validation criteria for financial institutions
– Discuss next steps in the process and opportunities for stakeholder engagement
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Coffee/tea and registration
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
– Update on framework development process
– Overview of draft target validation criteria
10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
– Breakout group discussions to gather input and report back
– Discussion on next steps and opportunities for further stakeholder input
12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Lunch and networking
The workshop will conclude at 1:45 pm.
11 Feb, 2020
11 Feb, 2020
9:00 am - 1:45 am - Europe/London
Insight Investment 6th Floor, Thames Room 160 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4LA