Science Based Targets initiative: Case Studies and Updates
The Science Based Target initiative (SBTi) is growing exponentially, with 800+ companies having set or committed to setting an SBT globally.
Many of the companies within the initiative are part of a global group, with operations across many countries, and often significant variations between the business activities in each region. For companies setting a SBT, it can be important to consider how the specific attributes and opportunities of a national business unit should feed into the global target-setting process. And for those that have a global target in place, the next challenge is to work out what contribution the business unit can make, and what the detailed, national-level implementation plan should look like.
Please join the Global Compact Network Australia (GCNA), WWF-Australia and Edge Environment as we explore and unpack the following key topics:
– Updates on the Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi);
– Explore what global SBTs mean at the local level and why business-specific analysis can be important;
– Gain insights into how and why David Jones and Country Road Group are supporting the development of a SBT; and
– Understand how Carlton & United Breweries are implementing their SBTs in Australia.
– Monica Richter, Senior Manager Low Carbon Futures, WWF Australia
– Corinne Schoch, Senior Adviser, Global Compact Network Australia
– Lok-Man Shu, Group Environmental Manager, David Jones and Country Road Group
– Kirsten Sturzaker, Sustainability Manager, Australia, Carlton & United Breweries
The webinar is best suited to multinational companies but will also be useful to anyone working for a company group with diverse business units, or those considering what the practical implementation phase of an SBT project might look like.
Registration for the webinar is a two-step process.
Step 1: Register your attendance via Eventbrite here.
Step 2: In order to access the webinar itself you will need to complete registration through our Zoom Webinar platform. Within 24 hours of the start of the webinar, a link will be sent to you to complete your Zoom registration. AFTER registering to Zoom you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar room.
Please note: If your organisation has firewalls that prevent the use of Zoom, we suggest downloading the Zoom app which can be found here: https://zoom.us/support/download