Seminar: closing the GHG emissions gap using science based targets
Date: 18 November 2015
Location: HEG Genève – Campus de Battelle, Bâtiment F, Route de Drize 7, Geneva, Switzerland.
This ½ day seminar will provide corporate sustainability and finance leaders with a strategic assessment of GHG emissions integrated reporting within the context of Carbon pricing and Science based targets.
Using briefings and company testimonials the seminar will go through:
– Global 500 and Global 50 GHG 2010 to 2014 carbon pricing and emissions performance ver-sus Science based targets (Thomson Reuters / BSD)
– Science Based Targets initiative from CDP, UNGC, WRI, and WWF
– Carbon pricing leadership initiative from Caring for Climate, UNEP, UNGC and WRI
The ½ day seminar will enable participants to answer the following questions:
– What has recent GHG performance been for Global 500? Versus science based targets
– How does carbon pricing help integrate reporting? Achieve Science based targets?
– What do the Science Based Targets and Carbon pricing leadership initiatives consist in?
The format consists of input presentations, discussions and exercises.
The workshop is run by John Moorhead co-author of the Global 500 Thomson Reuters BSD series on GHG emissions and Dr. Cornis van der Lugt, his co-presenter, who has recognized expertise on integrated reporting in his native South Africa, who will provide additional insights.