In little over a year 266 corporates from around the world have signed up to the Science Based Targets initiative, committing to set targets on greenhouse gas emissions that are in line with what the science says is necessary to limit global warming to no more than 2 degrees Celsius.
To date 44 companies have had their targets approved by the initiative, including European multinationals such as Carrefour, Diageo, Ingersoll-Rand, Kering, SwissCom, Tetra Pak and Nestlé.
The Carbon Trust has world-leading experience supporting global businesses across multiple sectors with the cost-effective measurement of carbon emissions in their operations, supply chain and wider value chain.
We use this information to help corporates set robust and achievable targets, which deliver environmental improvements and long-term cost savings.
This webinar will be delivered by our experts, drawing on experience of client projects and serving on the Technical Advisory Group for the Science Based Targets initiative. This will cover topics including:
- What are science-based targets and why they are important?
- The business benefits of measuring carbon emissions and target-setting
- Key factors to consider when setting a science-based target
- An overview of the sectoral decarbonisation approach methodology
- Insights from client case studies