On November 17 16:30 to 19h at COP 22 in Marrakech the United Nations Global Compact and Global Compact France come together and invite you to a conference focused on science-based targets. The agenda for the evening will be,
- Introduction – Lila Karbassi, UN Global Compact
- Presentation of carbon objectives alignment methods on scientific knowledge – Ciprian Ionescu, Accounting Sustainable
- Questions and answers with participants
- Testimony companies engaged with SBTi
- Participatory workshops with the public
- Conclusion – Charlotte Frérot, Global Compact France
The Science Based Targets initiative – resulting from a partnership between the UN Global Compact, WWF, the Carbon Disclosure Project, and the World Resources Institute – aims to encourage companies to set targets for reducing emissions of effect greenhouse (GHG) emissions in line with scientific recommendations. More specifically, it is to promote strategies aligned with the required level of decarbonisation to hold the increase in global temperatures below 2 ° C above pre-industrial temperatures, as recommended by the IPCC.