In little over a year, 289 corporates from around the world have signed up to the Science Based Targets initiative, committing to set targets on greenhouse gas emissions that are in line with what the science says is necessary to limit global warming to no more than 2 degrees Celsius.
The Carbon Trust has world-leading experience supporting global businesses across multiple sectors with the cost-effective measurement of carbon emissions in their operations, supply chain and wider value chain. We use this information to help corporates set robust and achievable targets, which deliver environmental improvements and long-term cost savings.
This briefing will be delivered by our experts, drawing on experience serving on the Technical Advisory Group for the Science Based Targets initiative, and we will be joined by a leading retail client who will share their experiences of implementation.
The briefing will cover topics including:
- What are science-based targets and why they are important?
- The business benefits of measuring carbon emissions and target-setting
- Key factors to consider when setting a science-based target
- An overview of the sectoral decarbonisation approach methodology
- Insights from a leading retail client on how to achieve a successful implementation
Who should attend?
- Sustainability and environment practitioners
- Compliance managers
- CSR and corporate strategy professionals
- Marketing and brand managers
Please note, this event is for Carbon Trust clients and end-users only. The Carbon Trust reserves the right to decline registrations wherever necessary to ensure an appropriate audience for this event.